Frequently Asked Questions

When seeking or considering mental health care services, it’s natural to have questions. Here are the answers to some of the most common questions we are asked.

If you have additional questions, please call us 704-237-4240 and we’d be happy to answer them for you.


Do I need a referral from another doctor to become a patient with CEH?

No, a referral is not necessary.


How long does it usually take to get an appointment?

Depending on the services requested or required, our wait times are usually within a few weeks.


What insurance do you accept?

Currently CEH accepts the following insurance: Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, TriCare, MedCost, and the following Medicaid plans: Alliance, Partners, Vaya, Healthy Blue, Carolina Complete, WellCare, Amerihealth, NC Health Choice, and Carolina Access.

No Insurance

What if I do not currently have insurance, or have different insurance the the listed plans?

We offer self-pay rates for our patients who are uninsured or on plans which CEH does not accept.

Sliding Scale

For those patients who are self-pay, do you offer a sliding fee scale?

Yes, we do offer a sliding fee scale, and the application can be found here.


What ages are eligible for treatment?

CEH offers a variety of treatments to patients ages 4 and up. However, some programs may have specific age limitations.

Virtual Care

Does CEH offer virtual appointment options?

Yes! CEH offers virtual appointments through video conferencing; telephone appointments are also available.


How early should I arrive for my new patient appointment?

Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your appointment to complete the intake paperwork. If you prefer, you may fill out your paperwork online; OR you may print out the paperwork, complete it, and arrive at least 15 minutes before your schedule appointment time. It is essential to arrive appropriately in advance of your appointment to ensure your paperwork is completed, and that you are checked in on time.


Will I need to complete a UDT to obtain a prescription?

A UDS/UDT is required before a controlled substance is prescribed by CEH.